Wednesday 13 April 2011

Ragnarok - the Sonnet

Manja-Kunja-Kunja spake: "This war
has raged, my friends, for ever and a day!"
Xenir and Valeyard cowered, as they saw
The world-machine, the dynamo, decay.
- Men and daleks finally at peace? -
The Doctor frowned (can nothingnesses frown?)
And joined the Frey with his familiar beast:
Fenric, the Wolf, who cried "Here's my chief clown!"
"Again we play the game, my dearest fool - "
Umbrella buckled, crushed by slavering jaws
Until Ace intervened:  "Though I'm no tool"
"Of Fenric, Doctor, neither am I yours."
"The wolf I banish hence, and you, my good Professor:"
"This is my world; I need no intercessor."

29-30 September 1997

"Ragnarok" was to have been the final story of Seventh Door Fanzines' epic Dynamo saga.

I was not supposed to write it, and I really do have no idea what was meant to happen in the end.  This certainly wasn't:

No comments:

Post a Comment